WHALESONG Bed and Breakfast accommodation in St Lucia, Zululand & Maputuland, KwaZulu-Natal
15% discount for May and June
Whalesong Bed and Breakfast is situated on the Elephant Coast in the heart of the exquisite St Lucia World Heritage Site between Lake St Lucia and the Indian Ocean in South Africa. St Lucia won Kwazulu-Natal's town of the year in 2010 and is unique in that it is the only private village in the world that is surrounded by a world heritage site (natural wilderness). This unique village provides the visitor with flexibility, comfort and freedom to come and go with ease. For further information on the local area please click here.
Come and experience our friendly environment where our intention is to ensure you have a pleasant and relaxing experience. We offer five air conditioned bedrooms and the en suite bathrooms are luxurious. Tea and coffee facilities are provided. To view the rooms please click here.
Our delicious full English breakfast may be enjoyed in the dining room or on the sun drenched patio. Relax and enjoy sundowners by the pool or on the peaceful terrace at the end of the day.
Large screen satellite TV with Premium DSTV is provided in the guest lounge.
In our large garden we have a swimming pool and a lapa with braai (barbeque) facilities. Secure off road parking is available.
We are less than 1km from the estuary, beach, shops and restaurants.
We strive to be as eco-friendly as possible in line with the local environment.
Our aim is to leave you with treasured memories of your stay with us.
Excursions and Activities
- St. Lucia is a bird watcher's paradise with over 500 recorded species.
- Zulu cultural village tours.
- Crocodile educational centre with feeding on Saturdays and Sundays.
- Seasonal marine leatherback and loggerhead turtle laying and hatching tours.
- Deep sea, beach and estuary fishing.
- Lawn Bowls every Saturday, Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday.
- Golf (9 holes), tennis and squash 15km away at Monzi.
- For your convenience and to avoid disappointment, we will make advance reservations for any tours.